Ian Snow Makes: Chocolate & Vanilla Cookie Bites
Embrace the wintery weather and cold nights with our velvety, chocolate and vanilla cookie bites! Curl up on the sofa with a mug of cocoa and a couple of these indulgent, little delights and enjoy your very own piece of heaven.
50g Caster sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
150g Self raising flour
For the filling:
100g Icing sugar
1 Tsp vanilla essence
- Set oven to 180C/Gas mark 4
- Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with a wooden spoon, or electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Sift in the cocoa powder and flour and mix together until smooth, squeezing with your hands when the dough becomes too stiff to stir
- Take teaspoons full of the dough, roll into 20 balls and place onto baking sheets, leaving a little space in between to allow them to spread during cooking
- Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a fork and bake for 10 minutes until they are slightly browned
- Meanwhile, make the filling by beating together the butter, icing sugar and vanilla essence in one of the smaller bowls until smooth
- Spread half the cookies with the vanilla filling and top with the remaining cookies. They can be stored in an airtight tin for up to 2 days, enjoy!